SEYMOUR HISTORICAL SOCIETY GRAND OPENING
x
www.seymourhistory.org
return home » recent news

SCHS Recent News

2017 News

    Archive

    EMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH HISTORY

    EMMANUEL LUTHERAN CHURCH HISTORY Recently Deanna De Bruin donated a copy of her new book, Emmanuel Lutheran Church A History 1874 – 2010, to the museum. The 40-page book details the history of the church from its inception to present day. Filled with rare photos and a rich historical data, the book is available for your perusal at the museum. A brief excerpt follows:

    “In 1878 the congregation built its first church, which seated over 300 people. The property upon which the church and parsonage stood was purchased for $500.00. Services were conducted in the house which was included in the purchase price. The first house of worship was erected on land where the current church stands, and required great sacrifice from the small group of members, all of whom were relatively poor.”

    Information regarding the purchase of the book or a CD is available from Deanna De Bruin jnddebruin@gmail.com or phone: 920 833-0201.

    Site developed by: Balance Interactive Studios
    Copyright 2017 SCHS