VINTAGE FASHION SHOW AND DECADES MUSICAL REVIEW - MAY 1
Stylin’ with the Party Band
1910-1970: Sixty years of Seymour Fashion and Music at Doxbee’s
You are invited to a fun filled evening featuring the styles and music from sixty years of Seymour history. After enjoying a delicious country style meal you will be treated to a fashion show and musical revue featuring Seymour High School students as models and the always entertaining, Party Band providing music from each decade. The authentic vintage fashions are from the collection of the Seymour Community Historical Society. Period photos from museum files will accompany the styles and music.
Tickets to the May 1st event can be purchased at Don’s Market, Muehl Public Library, or from any historical society board member. Your cost for this evening of food, fun, and fashions is only $20.00 in advance or $25.00 at the door. All profits will be donated to the building fund for the new museum. Doors will open at 4:00 PM with a country style dinner featuring chicken and tenderloin tips being served at 5:00. The program will begin immediately following dinner and is expected to conclude by 7:15 PM. This is a great opportunity to support the historical society and enjoy an evening of educational entertainment.
See models display:
• Swimming suits from the early 1900’s
• A national prize winning flapper dress made in 1927 by a SHS student.
• Going to church clothes from the 1930’s.
• WWI and WWII uniforms.
• A wool suit made in 1950 by Seymour tailor Paul Kuehne.
• Fun clothing from the 1950’s and 60’s and much, much more.
Hear the Party Band and others:
• Play the greatest hits from 1910 to 1969.
• Play the music you danced to at the Pine Castle
• Share humor from the era.
• Relate facts about Seymour history.
• Update us on the new museum project.
We are looking for a great turnout at Doxbee’s to help the society celebrate 60 years of history. It will be a tasty meal with a fun program. Your participation will help make the evening a success. Everybody loves the Party Band. John, Lynn and the band have been working on songs that will bring back many fond memories. Please find the time to join us.